1. PRODUCT NAME
2. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
MultiSurface Primer is a solvent based, quick drying, roofing primer designed to encapsulate chalky or mildy rusted surfaces. It improves adhesion of all fixall roofs coatings . It contains rust inhibitors and mildewcides.
- Fast curing, solvent based rust protection primer.
- Contains rust inhibitors and locks up rust.
- Penetrates into porous surfaces and provides excellent anchorage.
- Black primer raises surface temperature before the application of sprayed polyurethane foam.
3. TECHNICAL DATA
See table on the following page.
- All surfaces to be coated must be clean, dry and free of any oil, grease or dirt.
- Any existing coating must be checked for good adhesion.
- Before application, any loosely adhered coating must be removed and bare surfaces must be prepared, cleaned and checked for compatibility.
- MultiSurface Primer is ready to use. Thinning is not recommended.
- Containers should not be left open for extended periods of time.
- Follow our roof repair and roof restoration procedures and always perform a coating adhesion test before doing the entire roof.
- Do not leave primer exposed beyond 48 hours as weathering and dirt pick up may compromise adhesive properties.
- Spray: 3,000 psi, 0.17 tip.
- Brush: Good quality, stiff synthetic bristle brush.
- Clean Up: Xylene.
5. AVAILABILITY & COST
MultiSurface Primer is available directly from Fixallroof Coatings and from online distributors. Contact Fixallroof Coatings for pricing information.
This product is should be topcoated with our elastomeric coatings. A warranty is provided on the entire roof restoration system when installed by an authorized contractor.
Periodic maintenance of Fixallroof Roof Restoration System ensures extended service life and maintains reflectivity.
8. TECHNICAL SERVICES
Contact Fixallroof Coatings for Technical Support. Additional information, product literature, brochures, and specifications are available.
8. FILING SERVICES
Additional product information is available from Fixallroof Coatings.
Multi-Surface Primer Technical Data
|Density:||7.3 ± .2 lbs per gallon|
|Coverage:||0.50 gal/100 s.f. as an adhesion promoter. 0.75 gal/100 s.f. over midly rusted surfaces.|
|Application Temperature:||45°F (and rising) – 95°F, Less than 85% relative humidity.|
|Dry Time:||Dry to touch in 1 – 2 hours.|
6 months @ 40°-90°F
|Clean Up:||Paint Thinner|
Freight Classification: Paint-Flammable Liquid (UN 1263 Red Label Required)
Caution: MultiSurface Primer is a solvent-based primer. Keep away from open flame, heat or sparks. Use only in ventilated areas and provide mechanical ventilation in enclosed spaces. Avoid breathing vapor or mist. Approved (MESA/NIOSH) chemical respirator and protective clothing must be used at all times. Fresh air hose masks required for interior applications. Fixallroofs Coatings must be completely dry before exposing to water or foot traffic. Keep fixallroofs Coatings containers covered when not in use. Dispose of all containers in accordance with state and local environmental regulations. Keep away from children. If ingested, do not induce vomiting. Call Physician immediately.
Product information contained herein are presented in good faith and believed to be reliable. They do not constitute part of our terms and conditions of sale. It is also not a guarantee, either expressed or implied, that the data are correct or that products described are merchantable or fit for a particular purpose as methods of use are beyond our control. Customer should determine the suitability of our materials and installation recommendations before usage. Manufacturer’s sole responsibilty shall be to replace that portion of any product that proved to be defective.