Roofing Adhesive: Bonding Primer
1. PRODUCT NAME
PrimeLock Bonding Primer
Corporate Address: EPDM Coatings N.E Sales Office 494 Bridgeport Ave Suite 101, PMB 342 Shelton CT 06484-4748
2. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
PrimeLock Bonding Primer is a roofing adhesive for PolyScrim Roofing Fabric for various roof repair situations. It is also an excellent bonding primer for difficult to adhere substrates.
Built Up Roofing (BUR), Concrete Roofs, Metal Roofs, Modified Bitumen, Polyurethane Foam, Single Ply Roofing (EPDM, PVC, TPO).
- Tenacious adhesion to various surfaces.
- Excellent primer for aged single ply membranes.
- Seals asphaltic surfaces with little or no bleed through.
- Must be topcoated.
- Easy to use, easy clean up, non-toxic and VOC compliant water based coating.
3. TECHNICAL DATA
See table on the following page.
- All surfaces to be coated must be clean, dry and free of any oil, grease or dirt.
- Any existing coating must be checked for good adhesion.
- Before application, any loosely adhered coating must be removed and bare surfaces must be prepared, cleaned and checked for compatibility.
- PrimeLock Bonding Primer is ready to use. Thinning is not recommended.
- Product should be mixed thoroughly before use and containers should not be left open for extended periods of time.
- Follow our roof repair and roof restoration procedures and always perform a coating adhesion test before doing the entire roof.
- Spray: Airless Sprayer, 3,000 psi, ..017 tip.
- Brush: Good quality synthetic bristle brush.
- Roller: Medium nap roller.
- Clean Up: Water
5. AVAILABILITY & COST
PrimeLock Bonding Primer is available directly from Fixallroof Coatings, from authorized distributors and online. Contact Fixallroof Coatings for referral to a local Sales Representative or visit our website.
Pricing information can be obtained from Fixallroof Sales Representatives.
Periodic maintenance of Fixallroof Roof Restoration System ensures extended service life and maintains reflectivity.
7. TECHNICAL SERVICES
Contact Fixallroof Coatings for Technical Support. Additional information, product literature, brochures, and specifications are available.
8. FILING SERVICES
Additional product information is available from Fixallroof Coatings.
PrimeLock Bonding Primer Technical Data
|Viscosity:||4,000 ± 500 cps||Brookfield|
|Solids by weight:||57% ± 2%|
|Density:||8.3±.2 lbs per gallon|
|Hardness:||60 Shore A||ASTM D-2240|
0.65 – 1.00 gal/100 s.f. as an adhesion promoter.
Up to 1.5 – 2.5 gal/100s.f. as a fabric adhesive.
|Application Temperature:||55°F – 100°F. Less than 85% relative humidity.|
|Dry Time:||4 – 6 hours depending on application rate.|
|Shelf Life:||12 months @ 40°-90°F|
Caution: PrimeLock Bonding Primer is a water-based product which will freeze and become unusable at temperatures below 32°F. Suspend all application if conditions prevent a complete cure before sunset, rain, fog, dew or freezing temperatures. Fixallroof Coatings must be completely dry before exposing to water or foot traffic. Keep bonding primer Coatings containers covered when not in use. Dispose of all containers in accordance with state and local environmental regulations. Keep away from children. If ingested, DO NOT induce vomiting. Call Physician immediately.
Product information contained herein are presented in good faith and believed to be reliable. They do not constitute part of our terms and conditions of sale. It is also not a guarantee, either expressed or implied, that the data are correct or that products described are merchantable or fit for a particular purpose as methods of use are beyond our control. Customer should determine the suitability of our materials and installation recommendations before usage. Manufacturer’s sole responsibilty shall be to replace that portion of any product that proved to be defective.