Acrylic Elastomeric Roof Sealant
1. PRODUCT NAME
PrimeLock Acrylic Primer
Corporate Address: EPDM Coatings N.E Sales Office 494 Bridgeport Ave Suite 101, PMB 342 Shelton CT 06484-4748
2. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
PrimeLock Acrylic Primer is a durable rust prevention primer designed to inhibit rust and improve adhesion of all EnergyGuard elastomeric roof coatings. It contains rust inhibitors and mildewcides.
Choosing a proper acrylic primer is very important. It could be the difference between a roof repair project that lasts for years, or spending the money and effort to repaint the same roof leak two years later. Acrylic primer has become extremely versatile and economical. This primer is generally easy to use, dry quickly and remain flexible for longer periods of time. This primer resist cracking, peeling and blistering, and offer easy clean up with soap and water.
Built Up Roofing (BUR), Concrete Roofs, Metal Roofs, Modified Bitumen, Polyurethane Foam, Single Ply Roofing (EPDM, PVC, TPO).
- Versatile.Acrylic primer may be used over a wide range of substrates.
- This primer has Excellent weathering characteristics.
- Excellent adhesion and corrosion resistance.
- Dark color absorbs the sun’s heat to accelerate the curing process or to increase roof temperature prior to the application of polyurethane foam.
- Acrylic primer is easy to use, non-toxic and VOC-compliant water based coating.
3. TECHNICAL DATA
See table on the following page.
- All surfaces to be coated must be clean, dry and free of any oil, grease or dirt.
- Any existing coating must be checked for good adhesion.
- Before application, any loosely adhered coating must be removed and bare surfaces must be prepared, cleaned and checked for compatibility.
- PrimeLock Acrylic Primer is ready to use. Thinning is not recommended.
- Containers should not be left open for extended periods of time.
- Follow our roof repair and roof restoration procedures and always perform a coating adhesion test before doing the entire roof.
- Spray: Airless Sprayer, 1gpm, 3,000 psi, .017 tip.
- Brush: Good quality synthetic bristle brush.
- Roller: Short nap roller.
- Clean Up: Water
5. AVAILABILITY & COST
PrimeLock Acrylic Primer is available directly from Fixallroof Coatings, from authorized distributors and online. Contact Fixallroof Coatings for referral to a local Sales Representative or visit our website.
Pricing information can be obtained from Fixallroof Sales Representatives.
Periodic maintenance of Fixallroof Roof Restoration System ensures extended service life and maintains reflectivity.
7. TECHNICAL SERVICES
Contact Fixallroof Coatings for Technical Support. Additional information, product literature, brochures, and specifications are available.
8. FILING SERVICES
Additional product information is available from Fixallroof Coatings.
PrimeLock Acrylic Primer Technical Data
|Density:||8.5 lbs per gallon|
|Coverage:||0.50 gals/100 s.f. to 0.75 gals/100 s.f. depending on surface porosity.|
|Application Temperature:||55°F – 100°F, Less than 85% relative humidity.|
|Dry Time:||3 – 6 hours, 24 hours to recoat.|
|Shelf Life:||12 months @ 40°-90°F|
Caution: PrimeLock Rust Prevention Acrylic Primer is a water-based product which will freeze and become unusable at temperatures below 32°F. Suspend all application if conditions prevent a complete cure before sunset, rain, fog, dew or freezing temperatures. Elastomeric Coatings must be completely dry before exposing to water or foot traffic. Keep rust prevention primer Coatings containers covered when not in use. Dispose of all containers in accordance with state and local environmental regulations. Keep away from children. If ingested, DO NOT induce vomiting. Call Physician immediately.
Product information contained herein are presented in good faith and believed to be reliable. They do not constitute part of our terms and conditions of sale. It is also not a guarantee, either expressed or implied, that the data are correct or that products described are merchantable or fit for a particular purpose as methods of use are beyond our control. Customer should determine the suitability of our materials and installation recommendations before usage. Manufacturer’s sole responsibilty shall be to replace that portion of any product that proved to be defective.