1. PRODUCT NAME
SeamStitch Butyl Rubber Caulk
2. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
SeamStitch Buytl Rubber Elastomeric Caulk is a butyl rubber elastomeric brush grade roof sealant and caulk for all types of roofs.
Butyl rubber caulk is another popular caulk alternative. It is excellent for use in gaps and cracks that are up to ¼” wide, such as those appearing on windowsills and between doors and door frames. Strong and durable, butyl rubber caulk can last up to ten years when applied correctly. It is also comes in a range of colors or you can purchase colored tints to mix with the caulk to match the color exactly to your décor. Some butyl rubber caulks can also be used to fill cracks in stone, brick, and concrete.
Caulking and sealing sheet metal fasteners, seams, laps and flashings prior to the application of roof coatings. Patching concrete, brick and masonry. Filling gaps in sidings and framed openings. Excellent roof sealant for small roof repair jobs.
- Superior adhesion to various substrates.
- Durable vapor barrier seam sealer.
- Excellent elongation and tensile strength.
- Withstands ponding conditions in low slope roofs.
- Contains fungicides and mildewcides.
3. TECHNICAL DATA
See table on the following page.
- This product is a vapor barrier and must be installed on dry substrates only. A moisture survey may be needed.
- All surfaces to be coated must be clean, dry and free of any oil, grease or dirt.
- Any existing coating must be checked for good adhesion.
- Before application, any loosely adhered coating must be removed and bare surfaces must be prepared, cleaned and checked for compatibility.
- EnergyGuard Butyl Rubber Elastomeric Caulk is ready to use. Thinning is not recommended.
- Containers should not be left open for extended periods of time.
- Follow our roof repair and roof restoration procedures and always perform a coating adhesion test before doing the entire roof.
5. AVAILABILITY & COST
SeamStitch Butyl Rubber Caulk is available directly from Fixallroof Coatings, from authorized distributors and online. Contact Fixallroof Coatings for referral to a local Sales Representative or visit our website.
Pricing information can be obtained from Fixallroof Sales Representatives.
Periodic maintenance of Fixallroof Roof Restoration System ensures extended service life and maintains reflectivity.
7. TECHNICAL SERVICES
Contact Fixallroof Coatings for Technical Support. Additional information, product literature, brochures, and specifications are available.
8. FILING SERVICES
Additional product information is available from Fixallroof Coatings.
SeamStitch Butyl Rubber Caulk Technical Data
|Solids by Volume:||52%|
|Hardness:||55 Shore A|
|Tensile Strength:||500 ± 50 psi||ASTM D412|
|Elongation:||525% ± 50%||ASTM D412|
|Permeability:||0.005 perms/inch||ASTM E96|
|Application Temperature:||45°F – 95°F, Less than 95% relative humidity.|
|Dry Time:||Dry to touch in 4 hours, 4 – 10 hours to recoat.|
|Shelf Life:||12 months @ 40°-90°F|
|Clean Up:||Xylene or Mineral Spirits|
Freight Classification: Paint – Flammable Liquid (UN 1263 Red Label Required)
Warning: SeamStitch Butyl Rubber Elastomeric Caulk contains Xylene, VM & P Naptha. Keep away from open flame, heat or sparks. Use only in ventilated areas and provide mechanical ventilation in enclosed spaces. Avoid breathing vapor or mist. Approved (MESA/NIOSH) chemical respirator and protective clothing must be used at all times. Fresh air hose masks required for interior applications. Fixallroof Coatings must be completely dry before exposing to water or foot traffic. Keep Fixallroof Coatings containers covered when not in use. Dispose of all containers in accordance with state and local environmental regulations. Keep away from children. If ingested, DO NOT induce vomiting. Call Physician immediately.
Product information contained herein are presented in good faith and believed to be reliable. They do not constitute part of our terms and conditions of sale. It is also not a guarantee, either expressed or implied, that the data are correct or that products described are merchantable or fit for a particular purpose as methods of use are beyond our control. Customer should determine the suitability of our materials and installation recommendations before usage. Manufacturer’s sole responsibilty shall be to replace that portion of any product that proved to be defective.