1. PRODUCT NAME
EnergyGuard Butyl Rubber Roof Coating
2. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
EnergyGuard Buytl Rubber Roof Coating is a butyl rubber elastomeric roof coating for all types of roofs.
- Provides a seamless, durable membrane.
- Acts as a protective vapor barrier to most substrates.
- Withstands ponding conditions in low slope roofs.
- Excellent elongation properties.
- Superior adhesion to various substrates.
- Contains fungicides and mildewcides.
- Heat reflective coating helps reduce cooling costs.
- Reflects the sun’s UV-rays and prevents premature degradation.
- Prevents premature roof failure by controlling thermal cycling.
3. TECHNICAL DATA
See table on the following page.
- This product is a vapor barrier and must be installed on dry substrates only. A moisture survey may be needed.
- All surfaces to be coated must be clean, dry and free of any oil, grease or dirt.
- Any existing coating must be checked for good adhesion.
- Before application, any loosely adhered coating must be removed and bare surfaces must be prepared, cleaned and checked for compatibility.
- EnergyGuard Butyl Rubber Roof Coating is ready to use. Thinning is not recommended.
- Containers should not be left open for extended periods of time.
- Follow our roof repair and roof restoration procedures and always perform a coating adhesion test before doing the entire roof.
- Spray: Airless Sprayer, 1gpm, 3,000 psi, .025 or .031 tip.
- Brush: Good quality synthetic bristle brush.
- Roller: Heavy nap roller.
5. AVAILABILITY & COST
EnergyGuard Rubber Roof Coating is available directly from Fixallroof Coatings, from authorized distributors and online. Contact Fixallroof Coatings for referral to a local Sales Representative or visit our website.
Pricing information can be obtained from Fixallroof Sales Representatives.
Periodic maintenance of Fixallroof Restoration System ensures extended service life and maintains reflectivity.
7. TECHNICAL SERVICES
Contact Fixallroof Coatings for Technical Support. Additional information, product literature, brochures, and specifications are available.
8. FILING SERVICES
Additional product information is available from Fixallroof Coatings.
EnergyGuard Butyl Rubber Roof Coating Technical Data
|Viscosity:||2000 – 2500 cps||Brookfield|
|Solids by Weight:||40% by weight|
|Solids by Volume:||45% by volume|
|Hardness:||45 Shore A|
|Tensile Strength:||1000 ± 100 psi||ASTM D412|
|Elongation:||900% ± 100%||ASTM D412|
|Permeability:||< 1.11 g/s* m 2 *pa||ASTM E96|
|Coverage:||1.5 to 2.0 gal/100 s.f. per coat. 2 coats recommended.|
|Application Temperature:||45°F – 95°F, Less than 95% relative humidity.|
|Dry Time:||Dry to touch in 4 hours, 4 – 10 hours to recoat.|
|Shelf Life:||12 months @ 40°-90°F|
|Clean Up:||Xylene or Mineral Spirits|
Freight Classification: Paint – Flammable Liquid (UN 1263 Red Label Required)
Warning: EnergyGuard Rubber Coating contains Xylene, VM & P Naptha. Keep away from open flame, heat or sparks. Use only in ventilated areas and provide mechanical ventilation in enclosed spaces. Avoid breathing vapor or mist. Approved (MESA/NIOSH) chemical respirator and protective clothing must be used at all times. Fresh air hose masks required for interior applications. Fixallroof Coatings must be completely dry before exposing to water or foot traffic. Keep Fixallroof Coatings containers covered when not in use. Dispose of all containers in accordance with state and local environmental regulations. Keep away from children. If ingested, DO NOT induce vomiting. Call Physician immediately.
Product information contained herein are presented in good faith and believed to be reliable. They do not constitute part of our terms and conditions of sale. It is also not a guarantee, either expressed or implied, that the data are correct or that products described are merchantable or fit for a particular purpose as methods of use are beyond our control. Customer should determine the suitability of our materials and installation recommendations before usage. Manufacturer’s sole responsibilty shall be to replace that portion of any product that proved to be defective.