1. PRODUCT NAME
SeamStitch Polyurethane Caulk
2. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
SeamStitch Polyurethane Elastomeric Caulk is a flashing grade roof seal designed for waterproofing problem areas in roofing. It dries into a very tough seal and is superior to fabric backed peel and stick tape for most roof repair applications.
SeamStitch Polyurethane Elastomeric Caulk is used for sealing fasteners, seams, flashings, penetrations and gutters in metal roofing. May also be used for roofing repairs on Built Up Roofing (BUR), Concrete Roofs, Modified Bitumen, Polyurethane Foam, Single Ply Roofing (EPDM, PVC, TPO).
- Single component, moisture cure polyurethane.
- Dries to a tough, seamless, elastomeric roof seal.
- 600% elongation, moves with the substrate and stays put.
- Low shrinkage. Ideal for non-structural gaps in roofing.
- Excellent adhesion to various substrates.
- Easy to use.
3. TECHNICAL DATA
See table on the following page.
- All surfaces to be coated must be clean, dry and free of any oil, grease or dirt.
- Any existing coating must be checked for good adhesion.
- Before application, any loosely adhered coating must be removed and bare surfaces must be prepared, cleaned and checked for compatibility.
- SeamStitch Polyurethane Caulk is ready to use. Thinning is not recommended.
- Containers should not be left open for extended periods of time.
- Follow our roof repair and roof restoration procedures and always perform a coating adhesion test before doing the entire roof.
5. AVAILABILITY & COST
SeamStitch Polyurethane Caulk is available directly from Fixallroof Coatings, from authorized distributors and online. Contact Fixallroof Coatings for referral to a local Sales Representative or visit our website.
Pricing information can be obtained from Fixallroof Sales Representatives.
Periodic maintenance of Fixallroof Roof Restoration System ensures extended service life and maintains reflectivity.
7. TECHNICAL SERVICES
Contact Fixallroof Coatings for Technical Support. Additional information, product literature, brochures, and specifications are available.
8. FILING SERVICES
Additional product information is available from Fixallroof Coatings.
SeamStitch Polyurethane Caulk Technical Data
|Viscosity:||39,800 ± 200 cps|
|Solids by volume:||80.0%±2%|
|Hardness:||40 Shore A||ASTM D-2240|
|Tensile Strength:||575±50 psi||ASTM D-412|
|Permeability:||0.8 perms||ASTM E-96|
|Low Temp Flex:||Pass @ -60°F||ASTM D-412|
|Coverage:||100 lineal feet / gal for 3″ wide x 60 mils thick.|
|Application Temperature:||45°F – 95°F. Less than 95% relative humidity.|
|Dry Time:||3 – 6 hours. 12 – 24 hours (initial cure)|
|Shelf Life:||6 – 12 months @ 75°F|
Caution: SeamStitch Polyurethane Elastomeric Caulk is a solvent-based product and contains polyurethane resin and mineral spirits. Keep away from open flame, heat or sparks. Use only in ventilated areas and provide mechanical ventilation in enclosed spaces. Avoid breathing vapor or mist. Approved (MESA/NIOSH) chemical respirator and protective clothing must be used at all times. Fresh air hose masks required for interior applications. Fixallroof Coatings must be completely dry before exposing to water or foot traffic. Keep polyurethan caulk Coatings containers covered when not in use. Dispose of all containers in accordance with state and local environmental regulations. Keep away from children. If ingested, DO NOT induce vomiting. Call Physician immediately.
Product information contained herein are presented in good faith and believed to be reliable. They do not constitute part of our terms and conditions of sale. It is also not a guarantee, either expressed or implied, that the data are correct or that products described are merchantable or fit for a particular purpose as methods of use are beyond our control. Customer should determine the suitability of our materials and installation recommendations before usage. Manufacturer’s sole responsibilty shall be to replace that portion of any product that proved to be defective.